- Mike Griffin gave a talk on the purpose of exploration. Mark over at Curmudgeons Corner has a particular paragraph he thinks is important.
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, the next unmanned probe to go to the moon, will carry a JPL built lunar impactor to search for water.
- SpaceX failure was do to someone not retightening a hose after some work on the avionics. At least it isn't a design flaw.
- The SRB modification will cost $3 Billion rather than $1 Billion. I think I
rantcomment on this in a separate post.
- The Return to the Moon and Space Frontier Foundation will be combined into the NewSpace 2006 Conference in Las Vegas July 19-23.
- The anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's first flight and the first Columbia mission happened in April. (Today is also my wedding anniversary - djs).
- Russia plans on keeping their place in space exploration.