Note: I stand corrected. The Lunar Lander Challenge is not postponed. Lunar Lander Challenge blogger Robin said:
"Dan, the Lunar Lander Challenge isn't postponed, but the deadline for teams to enter has been eXtended because the rules haven't been finalized yet. The Suborbital Payload/Non-Toxic Reusable Rocket/Rapid Re-Flight Challenge (or whatever it will be called) has been postponed until 2007. "
Just to clear that up. -djs
- NASA Astronauts say it is time to get the shuttle in orbit to really test it out.
- I think everyone wants Hubble fixed.
- The Oxygen generator on the ISS has broken again.
- Lots of space walks on STS-121.
- Sirrus and Loral are teaming up to construct one of the most advanced and powerful communications satellites ever built.
- It's official, Daisuke 'Dice-K' Enomot is a crew member on the Soyuz TMA-9 which is currently planned to launch to the International Space Station this September.
- Robert Bigelow says that companies that received COTS money are not eligiblefor the American Space Prize of $50 million.
- Greg Olsen talks about his trip to the ISS.
- John Kavanagh is working on a Personal Spaceflight Venture Viability syllabus as part of his MBA.
- More on Virgin Galactic's plan to fly into the aurora borealis.
International Space News
- South Africa is making a national space policy.
- A metorite struck Norway with the force of an atomic bomb Wednesday morning. Time to start spreading our civilization out, don't you think?