Front Page


Staff

Editor: Veronica Pierce
OpEd: Dan Schrimpsher
Reporter: Dan Schrimpsher
Finance: Veronica Pierce
Contact Us Alternative Contact
space (spās) n. 1. space beyond the atmosphere of the earth.

prag·ma·tism (prgm-tzm) n. A way of approaching situations or solving problems that emphasizes practical applications and consequences.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Planet Space orbital in 2008?

God I hope so. But I am not holding my breath. Also, I not sure what is meant by orbital in this context (1 loop perhaps?). Planet Space Chairman Chiranjeev Kathuria told (India) Times News Network:

And a year after commencing the commercial flights, Planetspace promises to take people for a 45-minute orbital flight that would mean tourists would complete a full point-to-point circle of the globe, and get a bird's eye view of the Blue Planet at the same fare of Rs 1.12 crore. (djs - ~$250,000). -- Plan your visit to space
Is this a intermediate orbital flight? I don't know if that is fast enough to get to the ISS, but it sounds good to me. I can't find any reference to it anywhere else, so if anybody else does, sent me a line.

No comments: